CINECHICO is a festival of short films in spanish or silent that allow its viewing without the need for translation. Its main purpose is educational, opening windows on the different realities of those who share the same language. Therefore, its public will be primary school children between 6 and 12 years of different towns and cities of the Spanish province of Malaga (Spain).
The festival will tour these locations from February to April 2019, ending in May in the capital. Although we will consider any registered film, WE ARE LOOKING FOR SHORT FILMS ALREADY AWARDED IN OTHER FESTIVALS OF THE WORLD (in any category), that communicate positive values and with a duration between 1 and 10 minutes. All films will compete under equal conditions, although a special prize will be awarded to the best short film made by schoolchildren.
As for our structure, we will offer 90-minute sessions that will include several films. Each one of these shorts will be presented individually and after its screening it will be the object of a small cineforum about it. This will facilitate the vote that the girls and boys will make, depositing their votes (green, yellow or red) in boxes with the poster of each film. The public prize will come out of that sum of votes. It should also be pointed out that we will offer two different programs: one for school children from 6 to 9 years old and the other for students from 10 to 12.
Apart from the public prize will be awarded several other awards. They will vote for university students (Teaching, Pedagogy and Communication Sciences of the University of Malaga), teaching professionals , the audiovisual sector (film, TV, video, comic and photo) as well as cultural agents from recognized prestige national and international.
The Festival organization is run by Minichaplin, a media literacy itinerant initiative under the Miroy Association, a non-profit organization recognized as such by the Andalusian regional government. In this first edition CINECHICO has the sponsorship of La Térmica, center of contemporary culture dependent on the Provincial Council of Malaga and with the support of the host town councils of the festival: Alhaurín de la Torre, Alhaurín El Grande, Antequera, Cártama, Coín, Estepona, Fuengirola, Marbella, Mijas, Nerja y Vélez Málaga .
– “MINICHAPLIN” Award for best silent short film for children.
– “ALICE GUY” Award for the best short film in recognition of diversity and equality among genres.
– “MALALA” Award for the short film with the highest educational values for children.
– “CINECHICO” Award for the best film made by girls and boys.
– Grand Prize “AGÜILY” from the audience to the film most voted by the festival attendees.
– Grand Prize “AGÜILY DE HONOR” Honor Award to that person or organization that with their work has contributed to make our lives happier through any discipline related to the audiovisual arts.
The MINICHAPLIN, ALICE GUY, MALALA and CINECHICO Awards will be awarded by juries composed of experts in the field of education, visual arts or media literacy.
The “AGÜILY” Grand Prize will be awarded by the children attending the festival.
The “AGÜILY DE HONOR” Grand Prize will be awarded by the Organization at the proposal of an Advisory Committee.
All selected short films will be distinguished with a participation DIPLOMA.
There are no cash prizes in this festival.
RULES AND TERMS:
01. Eligible shorts will be presented in spanish or silent.
02. They will last between 1 and 10 minutes.
03. Films made in the last three years are accepted.
04. Those short films awarded in any category in any other festival in the world will be evaluated positively.
05. The material will be presented in HD quality and through the Filmfreeway platform. DVDs are not accepted.
06. There are no registration fees.
07. Neither limit in the number of works that each person can present.
08. Shorts made by adults and / or children are allowed. And all will compete on equal terms to the prize of the public.
09. The registration deadline was January 26, 2019.
10. Before the start of the Festival all registered participants will be informed by email about the selection of films participating in the festival.
11. The selection of films in competition will be the responsibility of the Organization.
12. CINECHICO does not pay any fees or projection rights for the selected shorts.
13. Your registration and selection authorize the Organization to use photos or video or audio clips of the film for promotional purposes in any media.
14. The selected films can (always informing and with the prior agreement of whoever owns their property) be used for their projection in non-profit educational events.
15. Those who present the films will be responsible for the use of images or music subject to intellectual or industrial property rights related to third parties.
16. The Festival Organization reserves the right to decide on all matters not specifically regulated in these regulations.
17. Participation implies recognition of these regulations. In any dispute, the decisions of the Festival Organization will be unappealable.